Thursday

Marketing Mix: Distirbution

My product is going to be sold in supermarkets and in Walmart. I am putting them there because that is where families shop the most. When it comes to distribution, I want it to be distributed all over the United States. I want to focus more on the most popular states such as New York City and California. I feel like because there is more people, there would be more sales than if I were to sell to very small states. I also want to distribute my product in larger populated states is because there are new people moving there every day. That gives me an opportunity for new sales.
“The best companies view new new customer attraction as the launching point for developing and enhancing a long term relationship”(pg8)
There are a couple of reasons why I only want to distribute in the United States and not ll around the world. The first reason is because chocolate tastes different every country you go. Each country has it's distinct flavor and It would be hard and expensive to try and manipulate all of them in my vitamins.
“A market-oriented organization carefully analyzes the market and divides it into groups of people who are fairly similar in terms of selected characteristics.”(pg10)
The second reason for only distributing in the United States is because not every country is as big on children's multivitamins like the US is. I don't want to try to market Americanized vitamins to a country that doesn't use those type of vitamins. There are some countries that don't use any type of vitamins at all, they prefer tea. It wold take a lot of time and  research to figure out what each country likes and doesn't like in terms of vitamins. It would also cost a lot to try and make my vitamins all the ways that every country likes it. 
“The culture of the organization is to focus on delighting customers rather than on selling products”(pg8)

No comments:

Post a Comment