Thursday

Marketing Mix: Price


The price of product will be about the same price as the other vitamins. I might try to make it less if it's possible. I think making it more expensive is going to stray the customers away from my product. I think what's going to keep my customers buying regardless of the price is the quality. Even though they are going to be low in price, doesn't mean that I'm going to have a poor quality of vitamin. I think that people value the vitamins more than the price. People will pay more for a product that they think is good quality. 
“Customers value goods and services that are of the quality they expect and that are sold at prices they are willing to pay”(pg6)
The normal price for a regular children's vitamin would be about$4-$8. I am going to try to match that price. I don't want to make it too expensive because I feel like parents aren't going to buy it. Families in this economy don't have a lot of money. They do not want to pay extra money one a product when they can get it for cheaper. I don’t know if it would be a smart idea to make the product less than all the competition. Especially in the smaller states, if it’s not selling then I wont make a lot of profit.  In the states that are more populated, I would increase the price. I want to increase it because I think those people would buy the product even though the price is raised. Also because things in cities such as New York and Los Angeles are expensive. So the people that live there are already used to paying a certain amount of money for their products. To them it won’t be expensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment