Thursday

Marketing MIx: Promotion

Because my product aimed at children, that is who I will promote to. I think having the children want to get it really bad is better than advertising to the parents. I say that because I feel like the parents will go out and buy it if the children really want it. There would be many ways that I would promote. The first would be adds in magazines. My special holiday flavors will have a page add in the holiday catalogs that certain store mail out. I feel like doing that, It'll be exciting for the parents that do read the magazine and would want to get the new flavors for their children.
"Ideally, new uses for old products stimulate additional sales among existing customers while also bringing in new buyers."(pg16)
The second would be promotion through television. Because my target market is children I will be putting commercials on the cartoon channels such as Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. I think that by having adds there the children will end up seeing it more. there are many children who watch TV everyday so they would be seeing it everyday. I would also put commercials on the regular channels for the parents to see. I won't have as many commercials because I feel like the parents aren't going to get excited like the children would. Also many people don't pay attention to commercials.
"Today's sophisticated consumer wants informative advertising and and knowledgeable sales people"(pg7)
The commercials for the regular channels and the ones for the children's channels are going to be very different. The commercials on the regular channels are going to be more based on health information. Parent's want to buy whatever is the healthiest for their children. So by putting the health information on the commercials, they will know that it is healthy and good for the child not only tasty. The commercials on the children's channels are going to be more entertaining. Children don't care about the nutrition facts. So if I base the commercial around that, most likely the child will not pay attention to the commercials. For that reason, I will make my commercials more focused on fun and the fact that it tastes like chocolate. It will also have loud music and bright colors throughout the commercials. Those are things that keep the child's attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment